October 28, 2017

Not On Fire Now...

As of this morning, the biggest fire that was burning not too far from us was declared contained. That was a long time and a lot of land burned up. A lot of homes and businesses lost. Animals and people, too. It's still dry as fark out here, and hotter than normal, so paws crossed it doesn't happen again.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Ok, it took me a while, mostly because I've been feeling lazy, but there's a link in the sidebar now for getting pawtographed copies of The Space Between Whens. If you don't count the shipping costs, it's a little cheaper getting it from me. If you do count them, eh, the pawtograph makes it worth it, right? RIGHT?

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

The people are gearing up for this year's Boobie Walk. For realz, they're both doing it this year. THE MAN IS GOING TO WALK! They've been riding their bikes for training a lot, the Woman says it's good cardio, but she knows her feet aren't ready for the actual walking part. She's not worried about it because she knows what to expect and says as long as she manages her electrolytes well, she'll be fine.

She doesn't want to get sick again. It's happened on a couple of walks, but she's pretty sure she knows what the real issue was, and just has to accept that on Day 2 she's going to feel like crap, and has to push through it until she feels better. This seems to involve copious amounts of Starbuck's tea, so there better be a lot of those along the way.

I really should have bought stock in Starbucks years ago. I'd be a thousandair by now.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Don't worry about us while they're gone. Y'all know Diva Kitty's mom, right? Her niece is going to watch us and feed us. I might hide under the bed for a couple of days but I'll sneak out to eat food when she's not looking, and then when she least expects it, =BOOM= Psychokitty in her face!

Eh, I don't think I'll really hide. I'm kinda curious about new people. But I do sleep a lot now, so she might not see much of me simply because I have naps to take.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

Pet me. Right between my ears. That's a good person...

4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, Max! Glad that the fires are out near you, and sounds like you'll be pampered and loved on while your peeps are off doing their thing.
P.S. I drink tea at Starbucks too! The Hubby likes his coffee hot as fark, while I need some green tea.

Ivan from WMD said...

Mr Hixpoi, WTP?

We're still keeping our paws crossed on the fire situation. Good for both the woman and man walking!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

"I really should have bought stock in Starbucks years ago. I'd be a thousandair by now."

Yeah, and TBT says he wishes he had bought Microsoft stock way early on. LOL! He is working on building a time machine ta correct that error. ;)

On the other paw, he jumped into the stock market in 2009 so we are good for cat food and litter and toys forever.

Mighty Kitty said...

Glad you are okay. Each time your picture is posted, I give you head fuzzes and chin scritches on your sweet picture just to let you know how much I care about you. Just saying.